Tis the Season

Tis the season to be jolly. Ads with smiling faces, gifts, places to shop say it, too. White lights outline tall buildings downtown, making the business landscape magical in the dark.

Tis the season for change. Homes are transformed into magical places with tradiional precious decorations. Furniture's moved to make room for a tree, of all things.

With life changes come new customs, born from a need to survive holidays. Memories of past holidays came as I put out pictures of my girls with Santa.

Over the last 4 years my granddaughter, Anna, and I have visited the same Santa her mother saw. Where I live tradition has been honed to a high art form.

The first time my 2 daughters went with us. It was fun to hear these adult kids share their memories of going to see Santa so long ago. As they talked I learned that for them Christmas is the season to be sure there's time to visit Santa.

Tis the season to keep traditions, even if they're changed to a new place and stage in life by your own doing or someone else's. Tis the season for old and new to merge.

No comments: