Santa Dances

“Santa here 11 to 1” stated the sign on the door to the neighborhood hardware store. After finding what I needed, I cruised the aisles to see what merchandise was there - and to find Santa.

Methodically I went up and down each aisle. There Santa was, snuggled among the festive Christmas gardenware like the Travelocity gnome. He was the usual Santa complete with the ill-fitting beard, red suit and twinkle in his eye.

“Santa, can you help me? If you’re taking orders for Christmas, will you bring me a boyfriend?" I asked. "And can you bring one that dances, please?”

Always politically correct “I’ll see what I can do.” was his reply. He continued, “Do you know where Farifax Station is?”

“Santa, I can find it, I’m sure. Why do you ask?” I said.

“Because I’m there on Wednesday nights with my dancing club.”

No comments: