Quick Facelift

Do you know how you turn the windshield wipers on when you mean to put the car in gear?

For the past 24 hours that's what I've been doing when putting the car in gear. It's a rental car while my real car Cadillac's getting repaired.

While parked and minding her ( yes, it's a woman - named Glory B) own business in a city garage in Norfolk, some idiot ran over Glory B's front bumper! Left black rubber marks all over her and knocked off the front license plate! And poked a hole in the bumper! I never did find the plate or any note saying who'd done the dastardly deed on her.

Yesterday I left Glory at the car hospital for plastic surgery. Geico (my
insurance company) provided a rental with a gear shift on the center console and wipers on the column. That's where Glory's gear shift is so you can see my dilemma.

That little rental has the cleanest windshield in town.

Glory's well now and back on the streets with no signs of her surgery. Customer service and repair were wonderfully quick using Geico's express service. It's a finely tuned process - very easy with lots of customer contact.

Imagine a face lift complete in 30 hours! If only a plastic surgeon could do as well for me.

No comments: